Friday, June 7, 2019

Simon Says Stamp + Alcohol Inks


Instagram:  @amypeach1978
**This card went "viral" on Flickr somehow and got over 28,000 views!!  :)  Wow!

I had a chance tonight to play in the SSS Flickr Challenge--Anything Goes.  :)  Over the weekend, I was playing with a blue alcohol ink and gold mixative.  I started out on Yupo paper, dripping the ink and mixative on the paper and adding blending solution to get it moving.  I must have used a lot of ink, so I just kind of let it drip off the paper onto my nonstick craft mat.  I sopped up the puddles with a new piece of Yupo paper, then another.  Finally, I ran out of Yupo paper and grabbed some scraps of Neenah 110 lb cardstock and sopped up the rest of the ink.  I used the Yupo background to cut out the heart die and the cardstock background to cut out the butterflies--I love the way they both look--similar and coordinated, but different because of the different cardstock textures.  The cardstock background looks almost suede-like.  I ink blended Fog ink onto Fog cardstock through the Stained Glass 1 stencil for some subtle tone-on-tone texture as a backdrop.  The card only needed a simple layered die-cut sentiment and a few jewels to finish it off.  :)  This was actually a very quick card--it took me about 20 minutes (not including the backgrounds that I made over the weekend, but that only took me about 10 minutes plus some dry time).
Supplies (all by Simon Says Stamp, unless otherwise noted):
I adore you die
Nested Hearts dies
Stitching Butterflies dies
Fog cardstock and ink
Stained Glass 1 stencil
Other:  Alcohol ink, Yupo paper, Neenah 110 lb cardstock, Clear Jewels by Little Things by Lucy, Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle stackables die

No comments:

Post a Comment