Friday, June 7, 2019

Avery Elle Barnyard Birthday Card

Hi guys, I have a cute barnyard birthday-themed card for you today.  This was my husband's birthday card this year.  He grew up on a farm (and we live on the farm across the street from where he grew up, which just happens to be his grandparent's farm--my husband bought it from his aunt and uncle about 13 years ago).  When I saw this darling stamp set by Avery Elle, I knew I had to use it to make his birthday card.

I started out by stamping the animals, hearts, and flower from Avery Elle's Peek-A-Boo Pets onto Neenah 110 lb Classic Crest Solar White card stock, colored them in with Copic markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I used the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables die to cut a panel from the Rainbow Scalloped Petite Patterned Paper pack (also by Lawn Fawn) and then another panel from Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper card stock.  To make the "barn door," I cut two of the frame dies out of the same Neenah 110 lb card stock from the Lawn Fawn Magic Picture Changer die set, then cut thin strips of cardstock with my paper trimmer and glued them in an X shape behind the windows.  I then glued both of the white squares onto my Chili Pepper card stock.  I like to use liquid glue to adhere my elements so I have a little bit of wiggle room before the glue sets.

I then arranged all of my animals in the order that I wanted them to appear in across the barn door and just used regular tape to tape them onto the back of the barn door.  I used liquid glue to glue the barn door onto  the bottom of the patterned paper panel, then the animal hooves and wings and the little flower in place.  I used Wow! embossing powder in the color Bluetiful with VersaMark ink and my heat tool to heat emboss the sentiments, then die cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I arranged the sentiments and hearts on the card, then used the same liquid glue to adhere everything to the card front.


I used the Nuvo Clear Overlay Sparkle pen to add sparkly detail to the flower and hearts, then used Glossy Accents on the flower, hearts, and the rooster's beak.  A black glaze pen brightened the eyes and gave them all a shiny finish.

I created a card base that is 5.5 x 4 1/4 out of Neenah 110 lb cardstock and glued the card front onto the card base.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I love these little stamps from Avery Elle, so cute and clever!

Supplies:
Avery Elle Peek-A-Boo Pals stamps and dies
Lawn Fawn Rainbow Scallops Petite Patterned Paper pack
Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables die
Lawn Fawn Magic Picture Changer die set (for the square frames)
Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper card stock
Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink
Wow! Bluetiful embossing powder
VersaMark ink
Glossy Accents
Nuvo Clear Overlay Sparkle pen
Black Glaze pen
Copic Markers
Nuvo Liquid Glue
Neenah Solar White 110 lb Classic Crest card stock

No comments:

Post a Comment