Friday, June 7, 2019

Lawn Fawn Gnomes!

Instagram: @amypeach1978

I got most of my new Lawn Fawn yesterday and wasted no time diving right in to using some of my favorite new products from this release--the mushroom house and gnomes!  I wanted to go neutral for my mushrooms to let the bright and happy gnomes shine.  I ink blended lots of Distress Oxide inks onto Bristol Smooth cardstock to get my background components--Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, and Ground Espresso for the mushrooms; Tumbled Glass and Blueprint Sketch for the sky; and Mowed Lawn, Hickory Smoke, and Lucky Clover for the grass.  I did spritz the sky and grass with water lightly and blotted with a paper towel.  I used the Ground Espresso ink for my sentiment--I thought it stood out, but also wasn't as harsh as black would have been.
The spots on the roof got a layer of sparkle from a Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay sparkle pen and then topped with a layer of Glossy Accents. I also used the sparkle and Glossy Accents on my Copi-colored heart. The panes of the lantern got a coat of Glossy Accents as well (I cut vellum for the panes of glass back piece). The door was cut with the Lawn Fawn neutral Woodgrain cardstock. I layered vellum over the Sticky Note cardstock in the window to give it a softer glow--I topped the window panes with Glossy Accents as well.  I used the spots from the roof to make my "stone pathway"--I used the road border to get the right shape.
Supplies (all by Lawn Fawn, unless otherwise noted):
Mushroom House die set
Mushroom Border dies
Oh Gnome stamps and dies
Road Border die
Paper Bag, Sticky Note, vellum, Black Licorice, and "Woodgrain in Neutrals" card stock
Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables die
White Embossing Powder
Other: Distress Oxide inks (colors listed above), Copic Markers, Scotch 3m Foam tape, Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay sparkle pen, Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment