Saturday, February 17, 2018

Lawnfawnatics Inky Fingers Challenge



Instagram:  @amypeach1978

Supplies (all by Lawn Fawn, unless otherwise noted):
Ahoy Matey stamps and dies
Deep Sea, Moonstone, Doe, Walnut, and Pumpkin Spice ink pads
Stitched Hillside Backdrop: Landscape
Other: Copic markers, wink of Stella, glossy accents, foam tape, watercolor cardstock

I started out trying to watercolor a sunset onto the watercolor card front--the orange at the bottom didn't look like a sunset, so then I thought I would die cut the top out of it with the Stitched Hillside Backdrop. Once I did that, the resultant panel looked kind of like the ocean and sand, so I pulled out Ahoy Matey and played up the sand/sky effect. I ink blended doe ink over the orangish bottom part, then stippled Walnut ink over that. I white heat embossed some waves and used Deep Sea ink to stamp other waves.  I popped up all of the images in the front to give the card more depth and dimension.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out--it's always a lesson in persistence when something doesn't turn out the way you originally envisioned it--don't throw it away, just change directions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment