Monday, January 15, 2018

Paper Smooches Baby Birds




I'm playing along in the January 2018 Fan Favorite Anything Goes Challenge at Paper Smooches.  :)

I did some really quick watercoloring with Candied Apple and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper, then used some watered down Black Soot Distress Oxide to flick the paper with some black dots for some added texture. There was some clean water on the handle of my paintbrush, which also splattered down for a happy accident and "starburst looking" splotches.

I used my Paper Smooches Baby Birds stamps and dies to create the bird and sentiment and adhered the watercolor panel to a piece of Aqua cardstock that I dry embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I love the bright colors and the little bird and sentiment are so, so cute. :) I used C3, C5, and C7 Copic markers for the bird's body and BG13, BG15, and BG18 for the hair. I think I used Y35 and Y37 for the beak. I finished off the hair with Spectrum Noir clear glitter brush pen and Glossy Accents for the beak. Foam tape pops up the watercolor panel and I used the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher for some detail on the sentiment strip.

Instagram:  @amypeach1978

No comments:

Post a Comment