Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Rabbit Hole Designs Halloween Release--Guest Designer post

Good morning, everyone!  I'm back with my second card for The Rabbit Hole Designs Halloween release using the adorable Spellcaster Witch.  This stamp set also has Coordinating Dies available for purchase if you hate to fussy cut as much as I do!  :D  I started out my card using two awesome Stencils from The Rabbit Hole Designs on 110 lb white cardstock.  I first used the Ribbon Star 6x6 stencil with a Cotton Tail Blender Brush and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink.  I then used the Illusion Circle 6x6 stencil oriented in the other direction using the same blender brush and Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink.  I then cut the panel down to an A2 size (4 1/4 x 5.5).  I then got to work on my sentiment.  I heat embossed it onto black cardstock using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder (I use Lawn Fawn white embossing powder). I then trimmed it into a banner shape.


Next, I worked on the adorable witch and cat from the Spellcaster Witch stamp set.  I stamped them using Copic-friendly ink onto the same heavyweight white cardstock.  I used my Copic markers to color both images, then used fine-point scissors to fussy cut them out.  I trimmed off the mushroom that she is holding for this card.  After fussy cutting, I ran a black marker all along the cut edges to conceal any imperfections.


After my images were cut, I added a little glitter to the witch's tights using a Spectrum Noir Clear Overlay glitter brush pen and used Glossy Accents on her eyeglass lenses.  I glued everything down with liquid glue (I use Nuvo Deluxe adhesive), then adhered my card front to a card base that was cut and scored to A2 size.  Thank you so much for joining me today--hope this card inspired you to create your own cute Halloween cards using these adorable witches.

No comments:

Post a Comment