Monday, August 29, 2016

Lawn Fawn Frosty Fairy Friends


I used the brand new release by Lawn Fawn for Winter 2016, Frosty Fairy Friends for the main focus of this card.  The little bundled up fairies are so cute!

I had the idea to set them up as "painting" the house, so I colored the bottom of the house with Spectrum Noir markers and then used my Lawn Fawn Wild Rose ink pad to watercolor the top of the house with an aqua brush.  I paper pieced their little dresses with the new Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Christmas Petite 6 x 6 paper pack.  The paint pot is the vase from Lawn Fawn On the Mend stamp set, and the lid for the jar is the top of the ice pack on top of the turtle's head from On the Mend. I used the triton die from Mermaid For You and altered it to make my paint brushes.  :)

The skin and hair of the fairies are colored with Spectrum Noir markers, and then I used Copics for the scarves, wings, roof, and sills on the house.  The door is watercolored with Lawn Fawn Peacock ink.  The little berry twigs are stamped with VersaMark and then gold heat embossed before coloring in with dark green and celery markers.

I cut the main panel out with the Large Cross-Stitched Rectangle die from Lawn fawn, then used the Stitched Hillside Borders by LF to cut the hills.  I pressed the hills in my VersaMark ink pad, then heat embossed with iridescent glitter embossing powder.  The finishing touch was clear Wink of Stella on the wings and gold Wink of Stella on the chimney cap and light strand.

1 comment: