Saturday, March 5, 2016

Paper Smooches Gill-Friend


I made this card today just to have in my birthday stash. I used the adorable pelican from Paper Smooches Surf and Turf. After masking off the bird, I lightly layered color over the background with my ink blending tool (lawn Fawn Mermaid ink) and then colored in the pelican with a Copic (gray) and several Stampin' Up markers.  The balloons are a Paper Smooches die. The water is an Avery Elle die.  To make the colored panels that I cut the water and balloons from, I used Arches watercolor paper and Gansai Tambi watercolorsunset to first make a blue and green panel, then an orange/pink/coral panel.  I used a ruler to line up the hand drawn balloon strings and free-handed the "tie" around his beak.  I mounted the whole thing on a Kraft card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment